Articles submitted to JPS for consideration must adhere to the following guidelines. Submissions that do not meet these criteria will be rejected without review. Manuscripts must be emailed as an attached MS-Word document or compatible file to email@example.com.
1. Manuscripts must be original and cannot be simultaneously submitted to other journals or previously published.
2. Manuscripts must not exceed 8,000 words, including citations.
3. Citations must follow the Chicago Manual of Style and be formatted as endnotes,
4. JPS does not use in-text citations or bibliographies.
5. Transliterations from Arabic should follow a simplified version of the International Journal of Middle East Studies system.
6. Transliterations from Modern Hebrew should follow common Israeli usage.
7. Submissions must be accompanied by a brief author identification and an abstract not exceeding 100 words.
Send books for review to: